Writing a real estate listing is not something most of us do every day, so we have included some advice about the best words to use when you to help create an appealing property advert.
You are selling a home so its time to market your home with some positive language
Example words to use:
Make sure you use positive words throughout the ad. "Cozy" instead of "small," "charming" for "old" and "needs TLC" for a home that needs some work are more appealing and can draw more interest. This is not the time or place to speak about any negative aspects of the home.
- The property details should accurately represent the property you are advertising.
A great way to start your property description is with a really positive introduction, such as:
• A well presented three bedroom semi-detached house on the outskirts of ….”
• “Brand new 2-bedroom house …”
• “A newly refurbished 4-bedroom family home in a sought after location close to …”
• “Spacious room to let …”
• “A great 2-bedroom apartment within walking distance of great rail links to …”
As you can see, each of these statements includes both the number of bedrooms and most positive aspect of the property within the first line of the property description.
You can then go on to describe all of the other important features of the property. Try to be as concise as possible, without simply listing the features.
Use phrases such as:
• “The property benefits from …”
• “Featuring …”
• “The accommodation comprises …”
• “The house includes …”